Compact Home & Ambulatory PSG Device
- 17 Channel Headbox with 12 EEG/EOG, Ground, Reference, Continuous Impedance, 2 EMG
- 2 PLM
- Pressure (Flow & Snore)
- Flow Thermistor
- Effort (Thorax / Abdomen)
- Intercostal EMG Efforts
- SpO2, Pulse rate
- Body position
- Movement (Sleep / Wake Determination)
- CPAP/BiPAP – Pressure
Unique Wireless Sensor Technology
The SOMNO HD is capable of accepting up to 6 wireless sensors – the first of these to be made available is the wireless PLM sensor package. More will follow in the future.
Why use a Wireless Sensor?
- Time saving during application
- More freedom of movement for the patients
- Reduction of consumables and running costs (cables and connectors)
Details of the optional wireless PLM Sensors
- Guaranteed measurement time of 10 hours
- Outstanding signal quality
- Continuous recording of the electrode impedance
- Sampling rate adjustable between 64-512 Hz
- Synchrony ≤ 60 ms
- Automatic activation and start of the measurement by applying the sensor to legs and/or arms
- Easy application with disposable electrodes (Ag/AgCl)
- No additional costs due to environmentally friendly and rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
Docking station for simplified handling
The docking station is used to download the measurement data, charge the SOMNO HD Li-Ion battery and to install regular, free of charge firmware updates as long as you are connected to the internet. This means your SOMNO HD can be always up to date.
A virtual docking station also appears on your PC and shows the actual status of the device and the battery.
Of course, the SOMNO HD, like the other SOMNOmedics devices, also offers real-time telemetric data transfer to the PC or tablet PC. In addition, the measurement data is saved on an internal memory and can be transferred at the end of the night via the docking station. So no measurement is lost.
Optional Ambulatory Video
The Mobile camera includes:
- Tripod, case
- Power supply
- Built in Infrared-illumination
- Video resolution of 800 x 600 pixel, in the H.264 format
- Record up to 90 hours of video.
- It’s small in size (137 x 124 x 71 mm) and light at only 460 g.
- The accuracy of the synchronization between recorded data and video is ± 1 second
In the software the following can be achieved:
- Synchronous play to physiological data.
- Selectable speed (stepwise between 0.25 and 100x) with loop option.
- 150 MB/h video size
Ambulatory Video Workflow
- Initialise a recording with SOMNO HD and the Home Sleep Camera.
Both devices need to be connected to the same PC: The SOMNO HD via its docking station, and the Home Sleep Camera via LAN cable.
- Give SOMNO HD and Home Sleep Camera to the patient.
- Patient set up camera at home in the evening: Assembles the tripod, connects to a power supply. The video recording will start automatically
- Patient packs up the video and tripod and gives the whole package back to the physician
- Transfer recording including video. Both devices need to be connected to the same PC: The SOMNO HD via its docking station, and the Home Sleep Camera via LAN cable.
Cuff-Less Continuous Blood Pressure Measurement (optional)
- Systolic / diastolic blood pressure (in mmHg), beat-to-beat, records all maxima / minima
- Recording of nocturnal blood pressure fluctuations *
- Recording of the rise in baseline blood pressure during REM *
- No annoying inflation of the cuff during the night, no disturbance of the patient
- Minimized deviation due to body position change (minimization of the hydrostatic effect)
- Suitable for all sizes, no different cuff sizes or cleaning necessary
- Correlation of blood pressure with sleep-related events
SOMNOmedics uses an innovative patented algorithm to measure blood pressure via the Pulse Transit Time (PTT). The PTT is the time required for the pulse wave to propagate along the vessel wall between two defined points. In the case of the SOMNOtouch™ RESP – From the left ventricle of the heart (defined by the ´R´peak of the ECG) – to the detection of the pulse wave at the finger tip (detected by the plethysmograph).
Taking a one point calibration at the beginning of the sleep study allows us to `set` the software‘s algorithm – and measure blood pressure continuously throughout the measurement. Because every single pulse wave is detected, a continuous “Beat-to-Beat”- recording and analysis is possible. Reduce artifacts and increase the number of reliable data points – all in a continuous, non-invasive and non-reactive way.